Free video hosting, video codes at www.vidiLife.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Art of Advocacy

Everyone everywhere ought to have that 1 movement, cause or idea that they actively support, plead for and advocate.

That being said, there are some causes not worth batting a brow or sweating a drop for...and i say that just to keep things in perspective. I'm a bible-believing 'n' living christian, that should say enuff about the kinds of proposals I advocate.

Human Rights, Poverty eradication, Equal Education, Eliminating Racism and Sexism, Information and Communication, Culture tolerance etc and my personally most important God Knowledge.

I select all the above because as many people as we already have actively upholding these issues, we need so many more. Until more people show up for "Education Conferences" than for 50cent concerts, we'll continue to have these problems. My community suffers from those issues listed...besides human rights. And our politicians show up on sunday shows to talk about it but not on my corner street, to meet the people, interact with them and effect some kind of change. Word is most peeps who go into politics initially have noble intentions, but along the way they get infected with the same bacteria, that's making societies everywhere, sick.

However, I want this post to be positive. Pick a cause, an idea that fosters positivity, and brings hope to the community. There's plenty...children's rights, homeless shelters, afterschool programs, a dance center, performing arts theatre, alcohol & gun control, neighborhood watch...the list goes on. It is not enuff to mow ur own lawn and be satisfied, we were all made for a higher calling than simply the dream of material success, I pray everyone understands this. As for me I already picked up, held up, and spoke up my cause...it's in the shape of a cross.

1Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home