Free video hosting, video codes at www.vidiLife.com

Monday, October 24, 2005

10-Second Emotion

I watched the Passion of Christ for the second time this past wknd. I remember the 1st time i saw it, the pain, the tears, the feelings of resolution, the emotion. I had been in bed that night, felt an unshakable feeling to re-experience the movie, got up, went to blockbuster and bought the dvd, it wuz almost 12midnight.
Yes i cried again to see how my savior suffered in chains. And it hit me how fleeting we all are when it comes to our feelings.

I'd bet a million bucks everyone who saw dat movie shed at least a tear. People vowed to change, give up on sin n stop complaining 'bout trivial things; becos His terrible suffering had put our really "easy" troubles in perspective. Fact is we feel, then we forget what we felt.

This has been demonstrated all too often. After 9/11 and the July attacks in London, everyone came together, united as one and all dat, people were actually nice, but things went back to normal too soon. The tsunami also had the same effect, but worldwide. More personally, people fall in love, vow to be together forever, but 4 some, forever only lasts for a couple years or months.
Why do we forget the way we felt about certain things? why r we so changeable? and can't be relied on to cherish an experience and refresh it daily in our lives and minds and hearts?

I had a really bad crush on a certain guy 1nce, i look @ him now n can't even recall why i felt what i did, but it had been so bad when i was going thru it. I remember i had a passion for prayer, I don't have the same fire now. And the times i struggle wit my flesh when it comes to "dat thing", the immediate feelings are so intense, but as soon as it's over, I wonder what i was getting so hyped up about. I suppose this explains why a lot of couples divorce. After the inital fire and excitement and honeymoon, they quickly forget the rest of their lives and relationship need acutal working on.

10-Second Emotions...is what we're notorious for. Microwave feelings is what we generate too often. We all feel, get all soft about it, then we forget.

In a couple of months lets not forget the compassion we now feel towards the earthquake victims, towards the hurricane victims and all other people who've been unfortunate. Lets show the same love or anger over some misjustice we're showing now.


***There was a plane crash in my home country this past weekend, also the wife of the president passed away. I would be amiss if i didn't mention it and send out my heart n prayers.
God Bless Nigeria...cos He knows they could use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home