Free video hosting, video codes at www.vidiLife.com

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Follow up on HolyHipHop

I've been doing some more research into the current issues and i found this excellent article I just had to share it with ya'll.

Here's the link, Enjoy. http://www.eastbayexpress.com/issues/2004-07-21/music.html

Also, here's an excerpt from da Truth's interview with gospel flava:

GOSPELflava.com: "Do you think that hip-hop is too self-oriented and does holy hip-hop test the waters at times with songs that come off as egotistical and narcissistic?"

Da' T.R.U.T.H.: "There is no question that it is that way. Oftentimes we forget that scripture tells us to "let another man praise you" and that we are "treasure in earthen vessels." God detests pride (praising and boasting in one's self). Christian hip-hop is guilty of perpetuating arrogant views. The way that we offset that stigma or stereotype is by exercising Christian discipline and virtues. In other words, we are to be blameless and give them a solid reason to despise us rather than adopting egocentric lyrics to fit in."
http://www.gospelflava.com/articles/datruthinterview2005.html

And i saw sumthin else that i found to complain about :)....
what is it with album covers of gospel artists that look just like those of their secular counterparts? I just saw the cover of Pettidee's upcoming project and I'm not liking. See www.beatmart.com. I like Pettidee, I've heard some of his work and itz tight but this "thug love" titled cd has already turned me off, along with the dark shades, the bling chain, the platinum teeth and the huge watch. He looks just like every secular rap cd cover i walk by in the store, I won't stop to look twice. But that's just what i think, he's a christian and I'm sure he has his reasons for the cover choice; I'm just not feeling it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAYBE, CHRISTIAN HIP HOP ARTIST SUCH AS MYSELF, ARE NO LONGER TRYING TO WIN THE APPROVAL OF THE CHURCH ANYMORE. WE'VE TRIED FOR A WHILE AND SEEM TO BE PUSHED ASIDE FAR TO OFTEN BECAUSE OUR DELIVERY OF THE SAME WORD IS DIFFERENT AND NOT TRADITIONAL. SOME OF US GREW UP WITH THIS LOOK AND ARE TRYING TO REACH THOSE WHO ARE STILL LIVING THAT LIFE, WHICH IS UNPLEASING TO GOD. WE HAVE THE SAME MESSAGE AS THE ELDERS OF THE CHURCH, BUT YOU DON'T SEE A LOT OF YOUNG TEENS AND THUGS FLOCKING TO HEAR THEM PREACH OR TESTIFY. WE KNOW HOW TO BE APPROPRIATELY DRESSED WHEN WE NEED TO BE. BUT MOST GANGSTERS ARE NOT GOING TO PICK UP, LET ALONE LISTEN, TO MY CD IF I'M ON THE COVER WITH A PINK SHIRT ON OR A ROBE. I COME FROM THE STREETS AND I KNOW WHAT ATTRACTS THE STREETS. I JUST BELIEVE THAT OUR LEADERSHIP MUST HELP US TO STAY ROOTED IN AND WITH THE WORD, SO THAT WE WON'T BE NEGATIVELY INFLUENCED (PRIME EXAMPLE: MASE) WHILE REACHING BACK TO WHERE WE CAME FROM TO BRING OUR LOVED, BUT LOST ONES TO WHERE WE ARE NOW(IN CHRIST)! I HAVE A SONG THAT SAYS "GET TO KNOW ME FIRST, BEFORE YOU JUDGE ME, BECAUSE I WEAR MY CLOTHES LIKE THIS THEN YOU CAN'T LOVE ME. GET TO KNOW ME FIRST, BEFORE YOU HATE ME, TAKE TIME TO LOOK BEYOND YOUR EYES AND YOU'LL SEE THAT HE SAVED ME". I WISH WE WOULD ALLOW GOD TO CONVICT MAN, INSTEAD OF MAN CONVICTING MAN. THIS IS NOT THE WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT YET CHURCH.

HOPE I DIDN'T OFFEND ANYONE BUT IF SO, TAKE IT TO GOD AND PRAY FOR ME.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home