Free video hosting, video codes at www.vidiLife.com

Monday, January 30, 2006

Spirit Dimension

I think I can boldly generalize that Christian America as a whole is largely unaware of the spirit world. A bird's eye view of cultures around the world reveal a deep and broad sense of awareness of the spirit world and demons, etc. But most christians in america are clueless.

I did most of my growing up outside of these shores and my enviroment didn't have to educate me on the spirit realm, I saw it very clearly myself; but this flow ceased when i made Boston my home. Why is America unaware about this dimension? the bible talks about the spirit realm so much. And all over the globe, the spirit realm is so evident, you can literally see it in things that happen, and people, even non-christians openly accept the fact there's spiritual forces in the world.

Are many christians unaware becos
-preachas and pastors don't like to teach about it? it's too scary?
-the devil has suceeded in pulling a shade over american eyes?
-we've become insensitive to spiritual occurences and try to rationalize everything with science and psychology?

I dunno the answer, but i do know we war against forces in high places and are charged to stand and battle, but how can christians battle at all if they're not recognizing their enemy? i'd love to know what ya'll think of this, those here and those not living here, light can be shed from different angles.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The spirit realm is a topic that's foreign to Americans. Our preachers and pastors don't teach about it becos it's not really a "popular" subject.
Facing facts, America generally prefers to ignore the supernatural and like you suggested, attribute it to "a freak of nature" or "science can explain it" etc.

And I think this has been long term and hence affected the overall outlook for many generations. It's up to the individual christian to educate himself/herself on these things but then education is very different from actual experience, that is seeing it happen.
I dunno. I really don't think it'll change though.

Vanessa

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it depends largely on the type of church you go to. Most pentecostal churches have "deliverance" ministries and the pastors preach regularly on the spirit world. But most "non-denominational" churches don't.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sad that many Christians aren't aware of it.

There was this church that I use to go to and whenever the pastor preached he always spoke about the natural and spiritual realm.

Even now when I look at a person or talk to someone I usually see the spirit behind that person whether it's of God or of Satan.

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we're scared to face it. That's why we've watered it down as can be seen in shows on tv like 'gilmore girls' 'buffy' etc. Instead of taking it for what it is America gives the masses a 'weak', and almost likeable version in the form of these shows and this unfortunately is the only version of the spirit world many christians in America will get.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home